(PT or Contract 10 hours $49.05-$51.24 pay range)
Thrive is a not-for-profit organisation that provides family and homelessness support for families across Katoomba and Lithgow. We are a family-friendly, for-purpose organisation that seeks to support staff in their work/life balance.
Thrive is looking for a Finance Officer to join our team. The Finance Officer is responsible to the CEO and Board of Management to provide high-level financial services that enable planning and accountability of the services’ financial operations in line with relevant legislative and accounting standards.
The position will report directly to the CEO. This is a permanent part-time role (10 hours per week or contract if preferred). The successful candidate will have experience managing day-to-day finance and accounts of a medium-sized organisation with a supportive, collaborative leadership approach. Strong experience with Xero and Keypay is required.
- Undertake reconciliations and PAYG, IAS, and BAS monthly reporting
- Compliance with relevant statutory, regulator and taxation requirements
- Identify opportunities and implement improvements in processes of financial management
- Manage debtors, creditors, and project accounting
- Effective management of cash flow management
- Work with the Finance Sub Committee to maintain the organisational budgets
- Report on the organisation’s financial performance against budgets
- Prepare monthly reports for presentation to the Board
- Cooperate with the CEO in managing the annual audit
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, business, or relevant field (strongly preferred)
- Police Screening Check (Possess or be able to pass)
- Working with children’s checks (Possess or be able to pass)
If you feel you’re a suitable candidate for this position, please apply today, outlining your relevant expertise and qualifications
Email firstname.lastname@example.org mark Attention Finance position
Application close on the 5th of December at 5pm.
Interviews will be held Wednesday the 7th of December.